Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
twp storm shield vs twp 1500 vs woodrich wiping stain

Posted by lmgch (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 17, 13 at 21:27

I'm slowly coming along with my understanding of my options for finishing our new Ipe wrap around porch.

TWP 100 is not available.

so based on reading and reading previous posts, it seems best alternatives are the TWP Storm Shield (though it "sets up fast"...what in the world does that mean? also, not as many colors), the TWP 1500 (as good as the 100?) or the Woodrich Hardwood Wiping Stain.

Of these options, what would you reco?

and unless we go with the 1500, what would your suggestion be for color options - my husband was hoping for the TWP 103 (dark oak). the storm shield color options are much more limited. and I'd appreciate any perspective on how colors of the Woodrich stain shows.

Many thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: twp storm shield vs twp 1500 vs woodrich wiping stain

I think TWP116 "Rustic Oak" is the best for Ipe. Beautiful reddish browns which really work with the wood. It looks nothing like the picture on their website.

Unfortunately the EPA has banned its use in PA. The 100 series is the best if you can get it. I have heard of mixed results with the 1500 series.

o
RE: twp storm shield vs twp 1500 vs woodrich wiping stain

bumping this

i can't get the 100, so i'm left to pick between the 1500, the storm shield or the woodrich

would really, really appreciate perspective

my contractor is suggesting messmers, but based on reviews here, i do not want to go that route

thanks so much

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here