Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
abernat_gw

Deck that can "move" / retract

abernat
10 years ago

Hello,

My wife and I would are thinking about possibly installing an above ground pool. The thought would be to redo our existing wood deck off the back and have the pool be surrounded by the deck.

However with kids, safety is a concern. Plus, that when the pool is not in use (we live in NE Ohio) we would have a lot of "wasted space" with the pool.

Due to both of these concerns, my wife had an idea of a "retractable" deck. My thought was a wood deck that would almost be on a rail system that a crank (probably motorized) would move when the pool was in use. I envision something like the deck on top of the pool, and when you want to use the pool, the deck would "split" and move to either side of the pool by rolling/sliding on the rail system. Then when you're done swimming, you could "push" the deck back together and still be able to use the deck and the pool would be covered by the deck.

Has anyone ever heard of or seen such a system? Would be interested to hear how this went and associated costs.

If there is any info or links to something that you know of, I would greatly appreciate any feedback or thoughts.

Thanks,
Nick

Comments (3)