Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
removing solid stain form between deck boards

Posted by Lois19 (skylark419@yahoo.com) on
Thu, Jul 19, 12 at 15:01

Does anyone know how to remove a solid white latex deck stain from in between the deck boards? And also from some crevices and nail holes? We have sanded almost all of this white stain off our deck, but we'd like to get the rest of it off because the stain we plan to use is an oil based cedar tone semi transparent and it won't cover those white areas. After all this sanding, I am thinking I should have taken the old boards up and put new ones in. Oh well, now I just have to figure out how to tackle the last of the white stain. Help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: removing solid stain form between deck boards

You will have to strip it. Look up HD-80.

o

I looked it up. HD-80 is not sold to homeowners, just to contractors. Our problem is how to get in between the boards. If we use a stripper to get in between the boards, do you know of any tool we could use? My husband thought of wrapping a cloth soaked in stripper around something like a pencil.

o

You can buy it online. They may discourage homeowners from buying it, but if you put it in your cart, they don't know whether you are or not.

o

O.K Thanks. I didn't realize that.

o

Give me a call, 636-288-5821, I can help you out with the HD-80.

Thanks
Beth

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here