Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wawa97

Skirting Options for Elevated Porch

wawa97
13 years ago

Hi!

I'm looking for help with ideas for porch skirting. Our house is on a slope, with the height under the porch changing from ~10ft to ~4ft from left to right.

Our house is white siding with black shutters (not the most interesting color scheme). We painted the existing wood lattice white, but it gets to be a lot of white. I bought a few pieces of lattice from Lowes in colors (clay and cedar), as you can see, and hung them on the porch... I was also thinking about the Dimensions plastic lattice in Dark brown, and then use the white Azek trim around it. (http://www.ufpi.com/product/dimensionslattice/colorsizes.htm)

Also, off to the right we are putting in a Techobloc courtyard in harvest gold (brown,tan,gold combination), and we've put in a couple of stacked stone planting beds in the Laurel Hill stone (gold/beige earth tones).

We were also toying with the idea of using Sierra 8 Hardipanel cement board siding in 4x8 sheets under the porch, and triming it out with arches, to give it more of a softer look. The issues with the hardie board are making sure there is enough ventilation under the porch, and we'd have to install lights under the porch because it would be fully enclosed.

I'm open to any suggestions. If you have a similar elevated porch, I'd love to see photos of what you've done!

Thanks for ideas in advance.

Here is a link that might be useful: House photo

Sponsored
Land & Water Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
VA's Modern & Intentional Outdoor Living Spaces | 16x Best of Houzz