Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Retractable Screens for very large openings?

Posted by BlackAce (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 4, 13 at 14:46

Hi all--

My wife and I are sitting on our back porch today brainstorming ways to improve that space. We'd like to screen it in, but would prefer to do so with a retractable screen system (manual) to maintain the flexibility of the space.

I'm having a hard time finding a product/vendor that offers screens in the widths we'd need. Our openings are 116", 180" and 223". We have a couple of vendors locally who have motorized options at these sizes, but not anything manual.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Retractable Screens for very large openings?

Hi BlackAce:
Phantom Screens offers large retractable screens (Executive screens) suitable for porches and other covered outdoor openings. While the majority of Executive screens are motorized, it is possible to order a manual unit - the availability will depend on your porch height and mesh choice. You can start by calling 1-888-PHANTOM to talk to Phantom Screens distributor in your area (or go to http://www.phantomscreens.com/where-to-purchase/ and enter your zip code to find a distributor in your area). Manual units, while available, are not common as most homeowners prefer motorized units (you`ll need to be prepared to use the hand crank to manually raise and lower the screens).

Here is a link that might be useful: Phantom Screens: manufacturer of retractable screens for doors, windows, and large openings

o

You can have a porch enclosure done using custom fabricated glass panels and doors made from aluminium rails.

Here is a link that might be useful: porch enclosures

o

I've been wondering about the possibility of using eze-breeze garage doors as a large retractable screen. I was thinking for screening in a pool or patio - but I don't know how it would be.

Here is a link that might be useful: Eze breeze garage door screens

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here