Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nancyfc_gw

Paintable composite porch flooring

nancyfc
12 years ago

I need to replace a small front door porch stoop, which is currently black opaque-stained wood. My contractor suggested that I look into the newer, better composite or all-resin tongue & groove porch flooring. Azek seems to be well-regarded, but comes only in light colors (I'm afraid my light gray house is a different tone, and the colors wouldn't look right).

Aeratis Traditions or Classic, their web site says, is paintable. Has anyone built a porch with Aeratis? Is the paint retention on the Aeratis as good as they say? Is it slippery? I found regular alkyd porch paint was very slippery on my wood porches, which is why I switched to opaque stain.

Alternatively, I haven't found synthetic tongue & groove boards available in black or dark gray, but I would love to hear if anyone knows of such products.

Comment (1)

• pvcdeckman
    12 years ago

If you're looking for a good option for Long lasting tongue and groove flooring outdoors - You're right to consider composite. You mentioned Azek which I would recommend as well - but if they don't have your colors try Gossen. I've installed produce from both manufactures and can't tell a difference. I actually thing Gossen is a better product when it's all finished. I also think Gossen has a darker color that you're looking for called London Grey... It's worth a look.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gossen Tongue and groove