Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Ideas for Gate Hinge

Posted by malsranch (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 24, 14 at 11:38

Hi there.

I currently have a chainlink gate in my breezeway (about 5' wide fence gate, attached to two standard round chainlink posts)

I'm replacing this gate with a black aluminum gate.

Rather than deal with ripping out the cemented round posts, I would like to keep them.

Any ideas for converting a chain link hinge (which is a round collar) to be compatible with a standard flat hinge on the aluminum gate? (any ideas that DON'T include welding, i should add!)

thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Ideas for Gate Hinge

Rivet Bolts.. Many different types and styles to choose from.

You drill the post for the new hinge and install it using rivet bolts. With rivet bolts, both sides of the bolt are flush with the hinge sueface and the post and leaves no nuts or bolt heads sticking out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here