Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ipe sealer?

Posted by dancingsams (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 21, 09 at 11:15

Hi all,

I've been reading posts dating back as far as 7 years. Info seems to have changed quite a bit! My contractor has just finished installing our ipe porch (central california - 100 in summer, 20's in winter - rain in winter, no snow). It is a 10' wide, covered porch going all the way around the house. Now he want to know if we want to finish the wood or leave it bare.

I am thinking of a sealer. The supplier recommends an oil that is wiped on, left for 30 minutes, then wiped off.

Given all the changes over the past several years, is this currently the best way to go?

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ipe sealer?

The JonMon has not changed still using twp 100 series like I always have. Dont really know what all the changes are your talking about.

Of course the green mafia leftwing brainless have outlawed the 100 series in your fine bankruped state so its either the 500 series or these guys>>www.woodrich-brand.com << Their finish is modled after twp but with out the voc I have used it and its not bad same resin base and build coat system and they are a good bunch of Folks.

There is no puting it on then wiping it off with either of these, thats kinda dumb anyway like put it on then take it off.

Finish on ipe is cosmetic,left to go silver it will last just as long. J.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here