Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Steps for a paver patio

Posted by fairlaniac (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 12, 09 at 11:15

I erected a retaining wall and have my pavers but I'm not sure what is the best way to make steps. You can see my progress at http://www.fairlanet.com/images/patio.JPG where the door is I'd like to have steps come down to the patio surface in a cascading effect. What do I need to do to support something like that? I don't think the proper thing would be to build on top of my pavers? I'd think securing the steps first and then pave would be best but I could be wrong (I am a first timer). Any help with online info, drawings, examples would be appreciated or any new ideas?

Thanks,
Doug B.

Here is a link that might be useful: My patio picture

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Steps for a paver patio

Stunning retaining wall. Hopefully you will have a place to enjoy a view of it too.

The photo below really doesn't provide a good picture of our porch but I built what I call an egress porch from the door to the patio. It is really sort of a deck, though free-standing. I wanted a safe way to transport food and for senior citizens to travel between the inside/outside. Concrete piers for the posts were poured below the frost line prior to installing the pavers.

If you are wanting stone (paver) steps, consider pouring concrete steps, then cementing pavers onto them. If your home is new, make certain the backfill settling is complete first. Good luck and enjoy the new patio.

Here is a link that might be useful: Egress Porch

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here