Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Great Gate From Recycled Door

Posted by ironhands (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 2, 09 at 10:30

Wanted to share this great 1-day DIY gate project I did last weekend at my daughter's house in Portland, OR. The had a 9ft wide opening between their garage and house, and wanted a little more backyard privacy. Rather than buy or build a conventional gate, they decided to use a recycled exterior door. Sounds a bit unusual, but the price was right ($50 from the local rebuilding center), and the finished look is great. Check it out at http://greatgateproject.shutterfly.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Great Gate From Recycled Door

Sorry . . . forgot to attach the photos, but here they are (see below)!

Here is a link that might be useful: A Few Photos of the Recycled Gate

o
RE: Great Gate From Recycled Door

What a clever, unique idea! Are you going to put an arbor over the door on those posts that extend up on either side?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here