Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tacky deck after painting

Posted by amav31 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 17, 11 at 7:19

Hi,
I painted my deck with SW Deckscapes solid stain.
I cleaned it thoroughly with the same brand paint and sealant removal , power washed , let it dry for 2 days and then painted. I used a roller. Let it dry over night and applied a second coat. It has been 4 days now, and when I walk on my deck it feels tacky. I cannot see the footprints but still my feet does not feel the complete bone dryness. Will it ever dry.? The first coat also was tacky before I applied the second coat. Any suggestions? Temps in the 80's here in northeast during day and 60's in the evenings.

Any suggestions or tips.?

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here