Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
possibly buying home w/porch-needs major repairs! help! pics

Posted by debelli (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 28, 09 at 15:24

I am going back to look at this foreclosed property tomorrow and decide if I want to make an offer on the house. The house needs a LOT of work in general, one area that seems to be major is this back porch (front porch needs help too) I'm not sure what these people did to this porch, if the majority of it was screened in or not or was it glass that was knocked out - there is one pane that looks to be from a sliding door, thankfully, the double french doors leading out to this area are all intact! The dining area is on the other side of the double doors.

Can anyone give me an idea what they would do with this area? Screen it in totally? Build a half wall? Tear it down and start from scratch? The wood is deinitely rotted in some areas as you can see. Ceiling seems to be in good condition.

Any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated and considered.

back porch needs total redone (access by going out eatin area)
back porch

Photobucket

doors to/fromt eating area to porch in back

As for the front porch, it too needs help and has rotted wood. Any comments on the pics below are also appreciate, but the back porch is more of an issue than the front to me. The roof is a whole other issue!

THANKS!

front porch needs replacing
front of house rt side

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: possibly buying home w/porch-needs major repairs! help! pics

Major roof leaks and rot. $24,000 tops. J.

o

That house needs a new roof bad, lots of rotten wood replaced & flashing done the right way.

If it looks that bad on the outside, it'll look a lot worse when you uncover things.

Al

o

Thanks for the replies. I went back to look at the house and there were roofers there - guess the bank realized how bad the roof was and decided to fix it even though listing was AS IS.

Decided agains this house - put a bid on another - needs help but definitely in better shape!!

Thanks again!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here