Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
silvercanadian

what type of stain for Angelim Pedra deck?

silvercanadian
12 years ago

We take possession of our new house next week and the builder is in the process of building our deck. I chose Angelim Pedra wood for the deck base and they are using an undermount system to attach to the joists.

I like the current colour of the wood and wouldn't mind keeping it that way. The deck is in the south east corner of the house and it's a corner lot with the side of the house facing south, so this deck will get sun all day and it disappears in the evening.

Can anyone recommend a stain to use on this wood? If I use something clear, will I need to redo it every year? The guy at the store where the decking was purchased, recommended oiling it. Any advantages/disadvantages to doing that?

Our deck at our current house is cedar and faces the same direction. I used a supposed high-quality Sikkens stain and I am not impressed with it. This is the 2nd time I haven't been impressed with Sikkens (used it prior to this on a fence) so won't purchase Sikkens again unless for some reason it works stellar on Angelim Pedra.

Comments (2)