Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dorry2

Quality materials for screened porch

dorry2
11 years ago

My husband is leaving this project up to me so I have the task of contacting contractors, never meeting them face to face since this second home is four hours away. It is a challenge doing via email and phone. Not being totally familiar with the building industry and materials, can you share your expertise in directing me/suggestion top quality, top notch materials for a screened porch in a humid, resort area.

Leaning towards Azek for the floor, vinyl posts, pickets, ceiling. Neighbors have told me about specific brands of vinyl posts they have used and have been pleased with - ENdurance is one that was recommended. I have no idea which lines of vinyl posts, pickets, etc. are out there. Are they all similar? BIg differences? Cleanability easier with one mfr over another?

Screens - best for longetivity and cleanability - aluminum,Super Screen, metal? Being so close to the woods, I want a durable screen since branches, birds, etc., will be a problem.

Ceilings - vinyl best, wood? If vinyl - any particular mfr?

Pickets - same as above? It was suggested not to use metal wrapped in vinyl due to the humidity - your thoughts? Best to use 100% vinyl posts?

Screened door - suggestions?

Thanks to all!