Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ipe deck needs to be restored

Posted by court623 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 25, 09 at 11:17

My contractor installed our ipe deck in February and it's time for us to get it back to the original color. I've read some of the postings about the RAD system and TWP. Do I have to buy these products through the manufacturer's websites or will I be able to find it at a local retailer. I'm in northern NJ. Also, I read one post about TWP #116 and another about TWP #516. What is the difference and which one should I use? I've also read a few posts with some spotty finishes that look like water spots. What's the best way to avoid spots?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ipe deck needs to be restored

I don't know enough to help with the TWP question or the water spots, but I can help with RAD.

RAD was a relabeling of two products from a company called Woodrich. Step one was the same as a product called EFC-38 and Step two was the same as a product called Calcitrate.

If you search "RAD woodrich" you will see the long history.

If you search TWP you will see numerous posts regarding this product and one real expert with it will be obvious. I don't know if this question has been asked directly before because I didn't search for it.

I don't know squat about spots.

I just got done using the EFC-38 and the Calcitrate and am hoping to stain with Woodrich's Amerreto today. The prepped wood looks lovely. I'm very happy with the results from these products as well as the customer service they provide.

Good luck

Jay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here