Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
penofin smell?

Posted by basketcat (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 2, 09 at 10:48

I oiled my Ipe deck yesterday with Penofin. It smells so bad this morning, almost like skunk....Any ideas, suggestions?

You can't even walk outside or open the windows. I know it's the deck, as that is where the smell is the strongest.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: penofin smell?

It won't last, be patient!

o

some people would complain if they got hung with a brand new rope. J.

o

Skunk? I've used Penofin for a few years now.....it doesnt smell like skunk to me. Smells like oil to me.

Is there a skunk (dead or alive) under your deck??

Anyway.....Yeah....it will go away.

Actually, I dont mind the smell. It's kinda like having the new car smell for your deck....

o

Thanks, the smell has gotten a bit better.

~and John, I was not complaining. I wanted feedback to be certain it wasn't a bad can or that there wasn't another problem.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here