Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How long for PT wood to dry after rain / wash?

Posted by snikcilla (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 10, 09 at 9:45

I have a pressure treated pine fence which I am going to powerwash and then seal.

(board-on-board with 1 inch thick boards and 4 x 4 posts. 12 yo. never been stained or sealed)

After powerwash, how long should I wait for it to dry before seal? Usually it's 1 or 2 dry days, but with all this daily rain we've had for weeks, it never gets a chance to dry. And even if it doesn't rain one day, it's sitting on soaking wet ground.

How many "consecutive days of dry weather" should get it "thoroughly dry enough" to seal after powerwash?

Thanks for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How long for PT wood to dry after rain / wash?

That's a loaded question. Depends on humidity, sun contact, etc. I can remember buying wet PT lunber and waiting endlessly for it to dry. Perhaps others have more specific knowledge.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here