Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ecrouch_gw

Screen porch dilema

ecrouch
10 years ago

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. I have so issues that I am not really sure which approach to take to even being or at that rate what my options are. My screened in porch is on a concrete slab and its on a slope, however, it is on ground level. I spray bug repellent and I do my best to keep it clean. So that is one issue is the bugs.

Issue two is this area has to cut with the weed eater so it occasionally get ripped by flying debris.

Issue three and the biggest issue is that when it rains water leaks in under the 2x4s. and settles on one corner before eventually draining back into the yard.

So here are my thoughts first to call 811 and make sure its safe to dig and create a drainage system to get the standing water further away. I think this part I have under control the big issues is I want to enclose the bottom portion of the porch. I am thinking that I would like either wooden paneling or use reclaimed 2x10s on the inside and on the outside to give it a rustic look. But would I just install plywood to the 2x4s and then install the wood a little below ground level so i butts up against the concrete or is that wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Comments (6)