Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (8)

• aidan_m
    14 years ago

How do you get the stains and mold out of that crap? Do you actually install and/or maintain decks for a living? All the professional builders around here recognize a shill, and that is exactly what you are. The only people listening to you are the ones who come here knowing nothing, and they want advice based on actual experience. The contractors and builders are the real value around here. We come here and discuss our trade because we learn from each other as we help out the DIY'ers. We offer free, unbiased advise. (Unless you consider actual experience as bias) You need to leave. Go stand in the aisles of Blows or Home Repo and fellate the ignorant customers with your idiotic sales pitches. Just admit you are a sales representative, appologize for misusing this site for your advertising purposes, and GO AWAY!

• srercrcr
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The true character of the "professionals" is certainly being exposed. You're giving the industry a bad image.
    This forum is for ALL, so get used to it.
    If you think you can compete, let the games begin.
    I have experience...built my Trex deck myself and have a usage history. Not a salesman at all. I want the novices who visit to receive the benefit of my experience, along with the reputation of the big box stores.

Does HD or Lowes sell those exotics?

• aidan_m
    14 years ago

The box stores do not even sell the framing lumber to build a proper deck. I wouldn't expect you to know the difference between grades of wood and chemical treatment processes, or the correct applications of each. If you want to learn about stuff, all the information is exchanged on this forum. You're welcome.

Lets get this straight: Since you are not a professional builder, and not even a very experienced DIY'er, your place here is to ask questions and learn. If you have some meager experience, please share it with us. However, your experience is only valid in a very limited context, i.e. the parking lot at Lowes. When you start advertising for a lousy product (and Trex is lousy by unanimous consensus of experienced builders) it makes you look like one of the salespeople who troll around this site. If you know some facts, tell us the facts. And then back up your factual claim with actual personal experience.

For example, you might start off by saying:
    "I have experience building with Trex. Here is how it compares with other materials I have worked with.... The easiest part of working with it was...but the main challenge is...If you use this product, I recommend...technique...After some finite period of time the project weathered...I perform periodic maintenance which involves...The total cost for beneficial use over time...

OK, i am getting a little carried away, but I hope you get the picture. You have to back up claims with fact and experience over time. You need to establish some background credibility before you will be accepted as an information source. Since you showed up around here, you have just been singing praise for Trex.

• john_hyatt
    14 years ago

Its just a Troll Aidan, The thing just wants to cause trouble we get them over here now and again.

A person just has to do a search on this site under trex problems to lay most everything t=junk has done to a lot of wallets in plain print.

All though it is intersting that say hmmmmm 1 out of 50 trex customers cant figure out what all the fuss is about,not kidding, I have always thought it is a batch problem with tjunk. One thing they do is hit the new stuff with water to cool it down right out of the extruder.You can just picture the failure rate that must cause. This is in contrast with Moisure Sheild that cools the stuff down naturaly in the air for 7 hours or so with a very cool machine driven two story rack you would have to see to belive.

Even if tjunk did put out a farley good product,the complete outlaw mode they run the business end in from the begining to now would keep me from spending even one thin dime with them.

It was a Major Grin when it gave the box stores as a referance...Soooooooo Funny!!! just some fool with nothing else to do but if it keeps up with stuff like that I am thinking we are going to get some good time Yuck out of this. J.

• srercrcr
    Original Author
    14 years ago

"Never did a Trex deck,but it sux" Great logic.

Never been to Brooklyn, but it sux!

Here is a link that might be useful:

• brooklyndecks
    14 years ago

srercrcrcrercr

you and thedeckbarn should get a room.

• brickeyee
    14 years ago

"Does HD or Lowes sell those exotics?"

HD & Lowe's cater to the lowest cost group exclusively.

Bottom of the barrel quality at the cheapest price.

Cost is the ONLY object they care about.

• kswl2
    12 years ago

Everyone we know who has a trex deck hates it. It is hot and has black streaks of mildew, even stuff that was installed in the past five years.

Plastic is plastic. Home Depot and Lowes are big box store that sell the lowest quality materials that are not even priced at the lowest cost. There's a price point for everyone, I appreciate that, but the materials and vendors you tout, srercrcr, do not even give good value for money----which is most important for the lower end buyer.

Sponsored
Dream Outdoor Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Providing Quality Home Improvements in South Riding for Over 30 Years