Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Safest Deck Stain Stripper

Posted by chillilover (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 20, 11 at 1:24

I want to remove some solid oil stain on our deck the has peeled in less than a year but I don't want somethin that will burn my skin off if I happen to get some on me. What would the safest stain stripper be?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Safest Deck Stain Stripper

i use DRAINO .it takes the ATO stain right out.i use garden sprayer to put it on .let it sit for 20 minutes. then brush and hose off.
i wore no gloves.
do it on cludy day as it will dry to fast, you need it to sit for a little bit.
i do it twice as i use 1 and 1/2 gallon for like a 16x16 deck.
then use deck brighten to nuetralize it.

drain cleaner works best for me.i have ipe wood.
i took a piece of regular treated lumber and dipped it in the draino, boy it was in there only 1 minute and it cleaned that board .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here