Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
flipped deck boards

Posted by sorie6 (My Page) on
Thu, May 31, 12 at 22:23

Has anyone done this? We just did it and now need advice how to prepare it before we stain it. There are large drips in some spots and of course stain build up on edges. Middle of boards look pretty good. Thanks for any advice.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: flipped deck boards

I'd probably sand the whole thing to get the surface even, then stain it.

o

I did it and it turned out great!!! Thanks

o

I am in the process of doing the same with my 720 sq ft deck.I plan on sanding it as well after flipping, use deckmate screws (it was previously nailed), and then looking at Armstrong Clark,Readyseal or twp 1500 series. The backs of my 18 yr old pt deck look great, so hoping to stretch it a few more years.
I'm leaning towards AC because after reviewing all the sites thats the one I get to see most pictures of on pt. I cannot find twp 1500 pics to help sway my decision- I dont want to pay for all these samples. I'll keep you posted and post before and after pics. Best!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here