Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Deck Cleaning and Staining

Posted by red62 (My Page) on
Tue, May 4, 10 at 20:53

Message for John Hyatt.
I sent a message a few weeks ago and John answered so this is for him I guess. John you suggested Woodrich for the cleaning materials, well I purchased the EFC-38 first. this did not touch the stain, so I purchased the HD-80 next and this would not touch the stain. I happened to find some Latex Stain remover called Problem Solver by Cabot, bingo that takes about ninety percent off. Now the next question I sanded the rest off to bare wood but you know how that goes, it looks like it is all off but there might be somesoaked in stain left. Will TWP 115 soak in or will it cause blotches. What is your opinion.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Deck Cleaning and Staining

Ghessss Man that has got to be some tough stuff you had on there.

It might have been the combo of all that chem that finally did it. One thing I do is use a floor machine with a scrub pad not just the stripper by itself. Hard to tell. Man that md80 is hard stuff.

Anyway after all that,and you did use the oxalic brightner right? you should be ready for finish but try a test area first before the 116. J.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here