Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Deck Rain Drain Systems

Posted by rookie_2010 (My Page) on
Sat, May 8, 10 at 20:13

HI,
I'm researching deck water draining systems such as Dry-Dek. Anyone have any experience with these? I'm, of course, interested in whether or not these things work well and how labor intensive the installation would be so I can attempt to make sense out of any labor quotes I get. Thank you in advance for any info!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Deck Rain Drain Systems

I recently finished installing DrySpace by Timbertech under a 12 x 14 deck. The system seems logical and has already weathered two heavy rainfalls successfully.
Some people say that they leak everywhere, but that has not been my experience. Of course I had to modify some installation steps and add some metal flashing over and around the 2' set-back beam.
I suggest you go online and take a look at the installation diagrams available on line and see what you think. The material cost for (2) kits was about 640.00 total.

All the best,
Art G

Here is a link that might be useful: my album

o
RE: Deck Rain Drain Systems

Thanks Art!
I took a look at the installation diagrams. I know so little about any type of construction that it's difficult for me to make heads or tails of most diagrams....
By the looks of most of the systems' diagrams, the water would be getting "directed" off the bottom of the deck into one area of the yard. I'm now considering the possibility of adding a gutter and tying it into the under drain system because I'd like to avoid a concentrated swamp area. I don't know if that's a crazy idea yet or not.......
Thank you for sharing the info!!!!! I'll be sure to pass this on to the carpenter I'm working with.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here