Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Removing oil stains on Trex

Posted by dirtslinger2 (My Page) on
Sat, May 1, 10 at 18:03

Someone working on my house has spilled a number of drips of dark oil sporadically on the surface of my deck. Most being the size of a penny, a couple are larger.
It has absorbed right in.
I emailed Trex, but there was no response.
Any tricks to get it off? Or am I stuck with looking at these stains forever??
Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Removing oil stains on Trex

Best way to remove stains from t=junk>>> remove all the sub standard theived product reskin with quality Materal<<<< Haul the tjunk to the plant and dump it in the parking lot.

If thats not what you wanted to hear...figure out what kind of oil was spilled find the solvent that will take it off. Put on a couple coats of quality outdoor finish like twp on your decking. This will complete composite decking and make a weak point a strong one. J.

o
RE: Removing oil stains on Trex

Hello I am a representative of Trex. To remove, spray off with a hose and use warm, soapy water and a stiff-bristle brush to remove spills from embossing pattern. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Brittany
Trex

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here