Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Two Story Deck Ideas?

Posted by cfisher1 (My Page) on
Tue, May 5, 09 at 17:37

I want to buildor rather, have built by professionalsa two-story deck on the back of my house in Chicago. I want a very simple "off-the-shelf" rectangular wooden deck that is extremely common here. The city requires architectural stamped drawings for issuance of a building permit. My question is thisdoes anyone have such a deck?do you have your architectural drawings?...would you consider providing me with a copy (for a small fee Im sure)?

I would like to take an existing planhopefully nearly identicaland make the necessary modifications to suit my project. I have engineering and drafting background so I can handle the plan adjustments myself. I would however, like to avoid the cost of having an architect render the drawings for me. I would then of course have the modified plan stamped by an architect.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Two Story Deck Ideas?

Good luck with that!

My friend in Washington DC is replacing a single car/single story garage with another Amish pre-fab one. What a pain in the butt to find an inexpensive solution to having an architect draw it, stamp it, etc. all for a pre-fab shed that will sit on a slab. And there's still a hold up of some sort.

If you have visions of enjoying your deck before winter returns, I'd suggest biting the bullet.

o
RE: Two Story Deck Ideas?

John<< total agrees with Home.

If you want quality oats you pay a quality price

But if you dont mind oats that have been thru the pony one time...........Lets Make A Deal!!!!
J.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here