Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dzmyth

TimberTech XLM Decking

dzmyth
13 years ago

In addition to the Ornamental Rail that we are hoping to use (http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/porch/msg051510485265.html?1), we expect to use TimberTech's XLM Decking in either Desert Bronze or Mountain Cedar.

After doing *lots* of homework, I found a mention of the possibility of "chalking" on PVC-based materials. As near as I can tell (please correct me if I am wrong), it has to do with pigment being released in a powder form as a consequence of UV exposure.

We expect to be using TT's Fencescape product to add some privacy to our design. TT indicates that they add a UV-inhibitor to the Fencescape product, but I cannot find any similar comments anywhere on the XLM web pages or marketing materials. :-(

Has anyone experienced any "chalking" with the TT XLM Decking? Does anyone have any other additional practical experience to share with respect to the TT XLM product? FYI, see the link below for an excellent 2008 thread on XLM Decking.

Thanks in advance for all replies. The quality of replies and opinions I have seen while reviewing other messages has been tremendous, especially from deck builders and contractors who are willing to share their experience. :-)

/dzmyth.

Here is a link that might be useful: Previous posting: