Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ryanb4614_gw

Front Porch Stone Support Help asap

ryanb4614
10 years ago

Hello. I plan on removing my awning and flag stone front porch. The current porch is only 4x4 feet...The flag stone base is only 5 inches of a concrete slab. It is falling apart and lifting due to the concrete not being properly set. I want to make the porch 95 inches long and 5 feet wide. I have a few questions for some of you.
***The porch style is attached

I would like to use concrete blocks and concrete. I only have about 8 inches from the ground to the door. I would like to go below the frost level. What is the proper method with placing down concrete blocks and concrete. I saw it done on the DYI Network channel. I believe they put down a footer, put the concrete blocks down on the wet footer on did the outline of the porch with the concrete blocks filled the middle with stone and then poured in the concrete in the middle and put rebar in the middle of the concrete blocks and pour concrete in there as well. Then I would like to encase this with pavers on the top and sides.

My house is a brick ranch. I would like to put a light tan stucco over the area that the porch will be covering. What is the best method when applying stucco over brick? Concern I have is where the stucco will stop and then the brick will start what do I do about the edge of the stucco/transition to the brick..... Ideas???

As you can see in the picture there will be post going into the ground in the front. Normally I either would attach the 4x4 into a solo tube, but if I want to encase the post with stucco I know I have to frame it out etc. How do I attach the 4x4 still in the solo tube or on a bracket. But then what does the build out frame for the stucco sit on? I was going to frame it with PT wood but someone told me to make the post with concrete blocks and then just stucco right over that and put caps on the top... Do I put a solo tube in then a footer around it??? Not sure what to do here. Any help would be great! thanks.