Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flat or low luster for porch ceiling?

Posted by shodorov (My Page) on
Thu, May 3, 12 at 11:06

ceiling is made of strips of unidentified wood (most likely pine)installed around 100 yrs ago. Had an various levels of old paint on it... was scraped,sanded, primed with zinsser peel stop. its still uneven in places but mostly in good shape.

what would hide the unevenness better: a flat paint (b.moore moorlife) or a low luster type paint (moorgard) I need to use Benjamin Moore bc that's what I have available locally in addition to lowes and homedepot stuff that I dont want to use.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flat or low luster for porch ceiling?

Low Lustre. There is very little need for Flat paints on the outside of a house, anywhere.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here