Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cricket6670

need porch/portico design ideas

cricket6670
13 years ago

My wife and I are soon to close on a new home, which we chose because A.) it had everything we were looking for in terms of size and layout and B.) it has something of a unique look compared to the cookie-cutter McMansions in the newer subdevelopments.

That said, it is definitely what many people call a Gargage Mahal, with the garage front and center, lacking quite a bit in curb appeal.

Strangely, we were drawn by the unique, contemporary look. It ALMOST reminds me of a colonial style with the hip roof and square windows, but I'm a bit thrown by the tall, recessed entry and the one window (at top left) that juts out further than the rest.

Any improvements to the façade will probably be limited in terms of scope (i.e. changes to the existing roof-line would likely be cost prohibitive), so I'm seeking design ideas for a porch or portico... something that will up the curb appeal and make the home more welcoming.

Feel free to take a look and let me know if you have any opinions. Photo link attached below.

Thanks!

~Cricket

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comment (1)