Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
anyone used Metal Roofing for Under Decking?

Posted by lynn_8989 (My Page) on
Sun, May 6, 12 at 8:40

We can't afford to do use the plastic Underdecking brand for this lower patio, so one of my contractor buddies suggested we use colored corrugated metal roofing material, overlapped at the seams with leak proof screws. I'd love to hear your opinions and see any photos if you have them. We can get this material in dark brown, which is what I was thinking would look the best from the deck above since you may see a bit of it between the cracks of the boards.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: anyone used Metal Roofing for Under Decking?

Yes, I finally had mine done a week ago with metal roof panels. I had read some old messages on here about it last year, and went ahead and finally had it done this year.

We used "PBR" style panels that have 1-1/4 inch deep humps. I went with white color so it looks brighter underneath the deck, and don't really notice it from above. We used 2x6's attached to each existing joist on an angle to form a slope, and then used 2x4's across on 2-foot centers to form a frame to mount the metal panels too. We didn't screw through the humps because that's where the water drains down, we screwed right next to the humps. We also installed a gutter on the low side and tied into an existing downspout.

Had a few rains so far and it has been drip free! I'm not sure how to add photos here...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here