Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dorry2

Screened porch

dorry2
10 years ago

A few more questions regarding my screen porch.

Because I had an Azec tongue and groove floor laid and Azec requires the floor be pitched or the warranty is voided, my contractor has had a few challenges in building this porch. The latest is the screened door, which I am not happy with aesthetically, but the big issue is the sweep does not conform to the slight pitch so I have a narrow opening at the bottom of the door which will be easy entry for bugs, spiders, etc. there is also a slight gap where the top side of the door (top where the transom screen is located) meets the verticAl 4x4. Also, because the landing to the outside where the door opens is flat because it is not tongue and groove, but Azec deck, which is flat. This is not rocket science and i am disappointed that these problems exist. Any solutions? I am thinking if a real storm door were installed, which would be heavier, would there be more wiggle room with the sweep?

Another problem that has to be resolved is the floor squeaks in spots. I have called Azec customer service, but they were no help. Could not answer my questions and I could not be transferred to technical support. Their customer service is worthless and just refer you to your contractor! What....customer NO service!

So to wrap up, is their a fix for this door, would a heavy duty storm door alleviate the sweep problem and would the sweep be adjustable? Maybe this problem with the sweep is characteristic with the cheaper storm doors? The door he installed is cheap-looking aluminum and looks junky in comparison to the rest of the porch. I will attach a picture.

Any and all comments are appreciated. Thank you.

Comments (6)