Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
should I pressure wash a 10 month old deck!

Posted by growingadvice (My Page) on
Fri, May 3, 13 at 7:40

It's pressure treated pine.

I'm going to stain it with a semi transparent TWP stain.

If I do pressure wash it, do you recommend using a detergent with it?

Do you recommed spraying the detergent, then rinsing it off with the power washer, or putting it in the pressure washer reservoir and have it mix as I wash?

thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: should I pressure wash a 10 month old deck!

Detergent? Do you mean deck cleaner or wash?

o

Deck cleaner. I was thinking of M-1 deck cleaner which is sold at the local HD

o

Deck cleaner. I was thinking of M-1 deck cleaner which is sold at the local HD

o

Go to a local paint store and ask them, I would not purchase anything of that sort from a HD or any box store.

o

How do you like your deck? I was in shock yesterday, when I saw the ptw boards that they are putting on our view/pool deck! Those boards are dark, gray green and look nasty! Plus, they are rough, and I know there will be splinters!

It might be tacky, but I can not have my grand kids or me getting poisonous, chemical treated splinters in our feet, so I may cover the entire thing with in door outdoor carpet!!

o

I don't think pressure washing your deck even though it is only 10 months old is bad for it. It will certainly lift any dirt and grim that is stuck in it and better prepare it for the staining process. As far as a deck detergent to use, I would suggest asking a home depot which is best for a pine deck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here