Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is there a brick tile?

Posted by marti8a (My Page) on
Thu, May 28, 09 at 0:56

I want to cover my front porch with something that looks like brick, but brick itself is too thick for the area. I have looked at tile, but can't find anything that really looks like brick.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is there a brick tile?

I know that Lowe's carries a tile that looks like brick but it may be too irregular in thickness to be safe to use on a porch floor.

o

Check your local brick yard. I know there is a brick tile available from Marion Ceramics and it can be ordered from Glen-Gery Brick in this area. It is available in 1/2" and 15/16" thickness. (This is kind of a funny coincidence since I was just about to check the forums to see any discussion about this product. I am interested in doing the same thing for both of my small porches.) Good luck and keep us posted, as I will if I do proceed with this idea.

Here is a link that might be useful: Brick Tile Link

o

Thank you both. I'll check at Lowe's the next time I'm there. That Marion brick tile looks interesting and is what I have been imagining.

zzeasy, does your porch step down to the sidewalk or is it one level? Mine is level and I was wondering if that 1/2" difference would be something to trip over.

o

My front is porch and 1 step down, and from the step to the sidewalk is a bit of a high step as it is. Counter guy at Glen-Gery said that the 1/2" is intended to minimize the "trip factor", but with mine I'm probably looking at doing some elevation at sidewalk level. My back porch is 3 steps and a small porch but I don't have the same big first step so I'm probably going to do that one first just to see how it goes.

o

Yes this is an interesting thread. I have been thinking about something for over my concrete back porch, regular pavers would be way too big as I have a door opening to the patio from my garage. And I also want at some point to extend the patio into the lawn and if these look anything like regular pavers that would be the ticket for me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here