Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
paver patio in Florida

Posted by dragstart (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 27, 14 at 22:22

I'm going to put in a paver patio here in Florida............no freeze, and the soil is sand.
I did one in Illinois and did the rock base with sand for leveling. Filled spaces between pavers with sand after tamping with power plate tamper. Worked great for 20 plus years with lots of traffic.
Here's the question.............can I just set the pavers on my natural sand base and power tamp, or do I need to do the rock base with sand for leveling.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: paver patio in Florida

I would speak with the local landscape supplier from whom you will purchase the pavers. My hunch is that your sand will not compact as necessary to maintain stability for the pavers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here