Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maj0819_gw

4 Season Sunroom advice

maj0819
12 years ago

I am hoping for some general advice regarding a 4 season sunroom. Here is some background to help. Currently I have a 10x22 pressure treated deck which I plan on extending because I am getting an above ground pool. I am replacing the current decking with a composite decking. However, we have always wanted a 4 season room. The main reason is my living room is very narro (about 12') but about 25 feet long. There is a french door which opens to the deck. We would love to put a sunroom on the deck to bring in more light and extend the room (we have very little seating other than a couch).

So after pricing new 4 Season Sunrooms it became quickly apparent they were out of our range. Basically looking for an 8'-10' x 14'-16'. However, I just came across a 4 yeard old 4 season sunroom which was used as a display at a local dealership for $5500. It is made by Thermal Industries. Here are the specs:

Room Specs:

8'X14'

4 Season= thermaly broke walls and double pain insulated glass

3" r-19 polystyrene walls

3" r-19 roof with .028 aluminum finish

One 3' entry door

One 6' sliding glass door

double hung windows with gridsa and one slider window on the side

kneewall glass

one 2'X4' fixed skylight

A few questions:

1) Anyone know anything about Thermal Industries? I looked online and it seems like they get decent reviews and have been around a while.

2) Anything in the specs I should be concerned about?

3) Is this a fair price?

Thanks You!!!

Comment (1)