Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debb_2010

enclosing and bringing a patio floor to level of inside of home?

debb_2010
13 years ago

I have a question that I hope you can help with. We have a beautiful covered porch that we are going to enclose to become a four season sun room. Currently the flooring is cement covered with indoor/outdoor carpet (orginial patio floor was put in over 20 years ago). When we had the patio built with an attached roof/pillars/elec outlets/can lighting and skylight we took care to be sure that it was constructed to look as it has always been attached to the home. My question is that the floor is one step down and I would like to raise it up to meet my dining room floor for a continual flow (we will be removing the sliding doors and opening the wall up to the area.) When the patio structure was built we had the contractor level the ceiling of the patio with that of our dinning room, so bringing the floor up will still allow the room to be of the same height as the inside of home. Any suggestons would be appricated. I'd like to be able to know what I'm talking about when it comes to the best way to raise the floor to meet th inside of my home when I shop around for a contractor. Thanks

Sponsored
DB Landscape Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Beautiful & Functional Landscape Designs in Roanoke