Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Front Porch Post Rotten - Now what?

Posted by gabeanster (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 29, 10 at 19:37

I just figured out that my front porch posts (north side of house) are thoroughly rotten. Years ago, I dug out the rotten parts and repaired them with Bondo. It held up well but the surround wood areas have now several rotted.

I've seen PVC posts on other houses that had very little definition and looked like cheap toys.

How do I find out which one is the best (in terms of looks, durability, price, etc)?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Front Porch Post Rotten - Now what?

Your question is what kind of post to use?? J.

o

Yes... I'm looking for some starting points for manufacturers of good quality PVC posts and rails.

o

Goggle up pvc decking / rail posts. J.

o

Yes. I've done that.
But I'm looking for help in deciding which of the manufacturers has a better product.

o

Gab ,,you have to have a total plan on your rebuild before you go serching for product to use on it.

There will be no more bondo going on anymore. Its possible to use # 40 pvc regular plumbing pipe for posts it just all depends on your>>>>>>Plan <<<<<
J.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here