Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Deck or paved patio if backdoor is 4 feet above ground?

Posted by pood2 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 4, 12 at 15:38

I'm going to get either a deck or patio done in my back yard this month, but I'm still mulling over whether to do a PVC/composite deck or paved patio. I've gotten a few quotes and they're almost about the same price, maybe a $1k difference.

For my space, what should I do?

I'd like to conserve the current patio then add the patio or deck. Either way, the deck/patio will stop before the current patio.

The deck would likely have stairs coming out on the side (away from the house).

Pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/fBsit

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Deck or paved patio if backdoor is 4 feet above ground?

Can you post your photos in the message body? Makes it easy for us to see and respond.

o
RE: Deck or paved patio if backdoor is 4 feet above ground?

The thing you can't tell from the photo's is what is on the other side of the hedge. I'm guessing that the hedge is there to provide privacy or to screen something that you don't want to see from your property. In that case I'd go with a ground level patio.

But if the view over the hedge is desirable then I'd go with a raised deck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here