Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cheapest concrete patio?

Posted by KateB22 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 5, 14 at 14:12

we just built a new house and want to install as much concrete patio as we can afford ( on a limited budget and wanting three sided concrete patio if possible). What is the cheapest type of conrcrete based patio and what type of costs is it? Would it be just plain poured concrete and how does that look?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cheapest concrete patio?

We just had 700 sq. ft installed at a cost to us of $2500. This included drainage and framing. We are in So California. Depending on where you live, the cost could be less or more. We got 5 bids. We didn't take the cheapest one. We took the bid that included some suggestions that we hadn't thought about.

The only suggestion I would make is not to make your patio too small. It needs to be large enough to accomodate guests with ample seating far enough from the BBQ so they don't get smoke in their eyes. Make sure it drains away from the house, and if there is a drain pipe from your gutter be sure to dig and connect a drain under that so water doesn't pool on your patio.

Have fun!

Suzi

Here is a link that might be useful: Concrete cost calculator

o

Desertdance could you please explain the prep procedure? The contractor we initially selected stated there was no need to remove the grass. He said he pours the concrete over the grass. That goes against everything I know from reading articles and watching hgtv and diy for the past decade plus.

o

Well, I'm no contractor, but I'd get more bids and see what others say. We didn't have grass where we poured, but they did dig out a lot of soil, dumped it in a spot where we need some height, and rolled the area flat. They also used levels to be sure the frame was draining away from the house.

Good luck!

Suzi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here