Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
niecyt13

Concrete Repair or Replace?

niecyt13
14 years ago

Ok, I bought an older home this past November and the yard had gone to pot. It is rather large and did have an old patio with a horrible cover which I promptly tore down. There are front and rear porches that are covered and good size in good repair. The walkway that runs from the rear porch to driveway has sunk into the earth in some spots causing water to pool at those points. The patio has cracks and is uneven in several areas and cracks are all the way through. I got an estimate on replacing the patio and walkway for a total of $2395 and they will fix the slope of the yard to correct the drainage problems. My question is, would it be less expensive to put in pavers? I just love them and at least they do not crack. I am 57 years old and though if I could perhaps utilize the patio and add the pavers myself while paying for the prep-work I could save a few bucks and get what I really want. A pergola kit! Has anyone ever set one of those kits up and how hard are they? Is there any way to fix the patio somehow? I also want to build a fire pit.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County