Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
john333_gw

Deck plans?????

john333
14 years ago

My issue,

I built decks for over a year now that I want to put one on my own house I find out I have to submit plans to the County I live in to get it approved. I have all the measurements for the deck I just have no idea how to draw up the plans. Its a simple 10x10 with no stairs off the second story 11.5 feet from floor level to the ground. According to the county website all I need is two plans to submit (http://www.co.snohomish.wa.us/documents/Departments/pds/bulletins/21decks0507.pdf) This seems like it is a lot more of a hassle then it should be and I'm really tempted just to build the deck without the permit but I know that's not smart. I was quoted $825 by a local contractor for the plans which I think is ridiculous since that is almost the cost of materials. If I have to I will draw something up myself and see if that works but I thought I would get some more advice first. Isn't there some simple program out there where I can put in the measurements and it will print me out the plans??????

HELP,

John