Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
4clover_gw

The Deck....she is crying.

4Clover
13 years ago

Hello I am 19yrs old and totally in gear for remodeling my parents house. Why spend money for pro, when your son is cheap and extremely proficient in making sure he knows exactly what he's doing. ^.^ With wanting to remodel the garage and fancy up the landscape, there's still one thing that will look kinda depressing and that is the deck. Now I'm quite creative but this one has me stumped. I can't even imagine in my head what would make the deck look more appealing. I seriously need your help on this one. Much appreciated as always.

For all I know you all might think it looks good.

Another forum suggested composite decking on the handrails. Composite skirting on the outside of the outside rim joist. And remove the huge boulders and install vinyl lace.

To The right of the "sun" part is where it ends and comes back towards the house. More to the right of that is the family room and the deck is built in the L shaped corner of the family room protrusion and the kitchen, that those 2 areas make up. I thought about adding deck more in front of the family room area for more "shape" to the deck because right now it looks kind of square except for a slight rounding.

Comments (5)