Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
deck tiles

Posted by poorowner (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 9, 10 at 12:48

Hi, I was wondering what is your opinion of deck tiles that are 12x12" and 1" thick? Choosing from eucaluptus or teak. The actual wood must be very thin.

I am wondering the longevity of this install (warping etc?). The result over bare concrete is great (lots of warmth). Of course does not compare to a deck, but I hope it last 5-10 years at $5 a sq ft.

I am in CA where we don't get snow, but a lot of direct sun in the area I am interested in.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: deck tiles

Another thought, www.moistureshield.com. They sell composite deck tiles.

These guys actually started composite decking high quality product and an honest business.

John Hyatt www.deckmastersllc.com

o
RE: deck tiles

Most low cost eucalyptus tile are e.saligna which is only moderately durable - possibly last up to 5 years. Teak should be better though. Also you could try Ipe tile (which is one of the hardest and most durable woods available) e.g. from www.handydeck.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here