Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dancingqueengw

Help Me Select Deck Materials

dancingqueengw
12 years ago

I've been looking at decking materials since last year. My deck is 438 sq ft, faces north and I live in Minnesota. My current stairs no longer meet code so I must add additional footings for new stairs. I have pavers below my deck. Last year I thought I had decided on Timber Tec XLM and the bids were all about 20k - bit steep and given the economy I decided I had to wait until this year. Then I saw in Consumer Reports that a product called CertainTeed EverNew was really highly rated. I just asked for a bid on this and it was $16k - I love the color of their PE but that is composite and I think I need solid plastic - given that I already have many mold issues on this side of my house. I've searched trying to understand what all plastic products are best and there are so many and such confusing info on comparisons that I'm stuck. So, what should I look for to sort? I am willing to go to the 20k but only if I'm not going to have a bunch of problems with it. Thanks so much. This forum is fantastic.

Comments (4)