Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
new2ny

Patio Roller Shades for All Seasons

new2ny
12 years ago

I have a covered patio, attached to the house so stucco on two sides and ceiling, but that is open on two sides (one fully open, the other from about two feet from ground to ceiling). Both openings are over 10' long. I would like to protect the patio from blowing rain, and during winter from being innundated with snow and ice. Obviously sun shades don't apply. I would like a basic roller shade that I can just pull down and secure when necessary. I have seen quite a lot of high end exterior roller shades and shutters, some even referred to as hurricane shutters, online. I don't need anything too fancy (or expensive) - basically the same type of basic pull down shade you might find inside (or that I have in garage windows), but that is designed for the outside - so perhaps a little heavier plastic or vinyl. Does anyone have any suggestions? As I've said most exterior shades and shutters I've found seem more involved and expensive than I'm looking for, but perhaps those are the only options?

Comments (2)