Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
porches and decks

Posted by dimmas (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 11, 10 at 1:45

I have front and back tongue and groove pine porch ceilings that are 15 years old. The front porch ceiling was whitewashed with a watered down water based stain 15 years ago. I have cleaned several times and power washed it as well with Concrobium and it's ready to be finished. It gets foggy where I live along a river. It has been getting grey mildew on it for several years (not bad but enough to see the grey on the wood). I do not want to use anything to finish it that will attract mildew and I do not want to paint it. I also do not want to ever again have to strip it to recoat. Any suggestions? The back screened in porch ceiling has never been finished, I just cleaned it with Concrobium and am ready to finish it, but again I do not want to have to redo often or strip off old finish when it is in need of redoing. I am thinking either an oil stain or some type of clear oil? I do not want to put anything on it until I know for sure, so I am stuck!

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here