Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skinsfan44

Timbertech Decking and Radiance Rail Colors Question

skinsfan44
13 years ago

Greetings- We are about to have our deck re-planked with TimberTech Earthwoods Evolution. The wife and I love the colors of Pacific Teak (decking) and Pacific Walnut (picture frame).

We have decided to go with the Radiance Railing, but are having a hard time choosing a color. It would be nice if TT made railings in matching Earthwoods Evolution colors, but oh well.

We definitely want to go with the "Classic Black" balusters, but are having a hard time picking the colors of the rails, post and caps. Have any professional installers or homeowners used the decking color we went with? Would the Mountain Cedar match? How about Pacific Walnut- would that look better? We want to avoid the lighter colors, so I am thinking we are limited to those two colors in the Radiance Rail. Any suggestions based on personal experience?

Thanks very much!

Comments (5)

• lazygirl78
    13 years ago

Skinsfan, I'm having a similar issue. I'm planning on going with the Pacific Walnut decking. I think the Radiance Rail comes in a traditional walnut color (according to the website, anyway -- the brochure doesn't include it), so I'm considering matching it. I like the look of the Builder's Rail, too, with the metal balusters, but I'm not sure of how those colors would look with the Pacific Walnut. What did you decide?

• skinsfan44
    Original Author
    13 years ago

We ended up going with black Posts/Balusters/Caps/Skirts and the Traditional Walnut Railings (top and bottom). Rip up of the old deck and work of the new is supposed to start after Easter/early May. The Traditional Walnut rail is slightly different than the EE Pacific Walnut, but it doesn't look to bad next to each other. TT was nice enough to send me samples (free, and free overnight shipping) of the railing so I could lay it next to the board samples we have. The gentlemen from TT I communicated with said most customers with the color of the deck boards I am going with use all black railings. I really love look of the Radiance Rail, but the Builders is nice and certainly cheaper! Perhaps I'll post some pictures when we are done. Good luck to you!

• lazygirl78
    13 years ago

Thank you, skinsfan! I haven't seen any prices yet, so I'm kind of glad to hear the Builders is cheaper! But I am concerned about the color options.... My contractor was going to see about samples on Monday, so hopefully I'll have them soon. Thanks again, and good luck!

• les321
    12 years ago

I am also using Pacific walnut on the deck and screened porch and am struggling with railing. I like the look of the builder rail and the metal ballisters better than the radiance rail but am worried about the colors. Any thoughts on doing gray builder rail with walnut - there is a pic in the trex image gallery that has this combination and it looks surprisingly good. I hate white and it sewms like so many railings are white.

• briser3
    12 years ago

We are looking at the doing the same TT EE, and are undecided about colors and railing combos. Is your deck complete? Any chance you could upload a few pictures?