Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How much should I pay to clean and reseal a deck?

Posted by robertwhyte (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 24, 08 at 20:32

I am British (moved here a few years ago) and I have never done any deck maintenance in the USA (Northern Virginia) so I am completely unsure of cost ranges.
My deck is about 4 years old and in need of cleaning and resealing and I am wondering how to treat quotations that I get. The deck is about 200 square feet in size and it is only a few feet off ground level. The deck is not very dirty - has very little by way of mold or stains.
I know that costs vary according to a lot of variables, but I wondered what ballpark (range) should I expect.
Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How much should I pay to clean and reseal a deck?

200 sq. ft. ??? do it yourself. Do you know what \ is on it now ? Is it discolored or gray ? HD sell the Cabot line, I have heard good things about. I have never tried it because my deck 2,000 sq. ft. and was originally done with Stain from Menards, "Flood Inc" so I have been staying with that line to prevent any issues arising from non-compatibility in the stains.

o
RE: How much should I pay to clean and reseal a deck?

You're paying mostly for labor, and the price range for that can be very wide. The only way to sort this is to ask neighbors about local prices and to get at least 3 estimates before proceeding. The other consideration is to make sure that the best, and costliest, sealer is used because it will last a good deal longer and in the end will cost you less.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here