Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Show me your Timbertech PVC Porch or Deck

Posted by oldhomeowner_2007 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 13, 13 at 19:19

I'm looking for anyone who has used Timbertech PVC XLM Natural or Tropical. I would love to see pictures and would appreciate if you shared your knowledge/experience with the product. I am looking for a material for my front porch.
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Show me your Timbertech PVC Porch or Deck

Not sure that I would use PVC decking for a porch. But I've been very happy with TimberTech XLM for my deck.

o

Thanks for your reply dennisgli. Are you suggesting you wouldn't use PVC on the porch because it can be slippery? Or for some other reason?

o

The surface of XLM is very hard - but it is textured enough that I don't consider it slippery. Though it probably isn't as non-slip as my fir porch floor.

I guess I wouldn't use it on a porch because my porch is pretty "traditional" - and I think wide, plasticky boards just wouldn't look right. Maybe it would look OK on a more "modern" porch - though I'm not sure what I mean by that!

XLM is pretty much maintenance free - I just wash it with soap to get the dirt off. They warn you not to put rubber things on it because it will stain but I haven't had that problem.

If you leave the ends exposed you'll need to do something to finish them since the inside is a different material and has voids. You might be able to just paint it to match?

Hope that helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here