Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lnia

Deck Designs

lynn
10 years ago

Hello,
We are about to embark on getting our deck built, finally. Below are some designs we are considering. Does anyone have any thoughts that would help lean us toward one design over another. We are limited to about 16 feet In width due to daylight windows, but are considering an angle above the window to allow us to extend the deck to 19/20 feet. Does the angle seem ok? We are also debating the stairs going down in the middle, towards the garage area of the house, or directly down towards the backyard, or towards the house. The towards the house option is probably my least favorite, but I think it blocks the sunlight coming in through the window the least. The other thing to note is that the elevation of the house is about five feet on one side and about 3 feet on the side of the stairs.

Appreciate any ideas, suggestions you may have to share.

Thanks!

Comments (2)

• annzgw
    10 years ago

I see nothing wrong with the 1st and 3rd option but I would play with the design of the stairs. Check out the link below which shows what others have done.
    Definitely make the deck as large as you can since you'll be surprised how much room chairs/tables/misc take up. Also, I would not clip off the corners as you show in the 1st option.

Here is a link that might be useful: [decks and stairs[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/deck-stairs-phbr0lbl-bl~l_37485)

• weedyacres
    10 years ago

I'm not quite understanding what you mean about the issue with the windows and the angle on the deck. Can you post a photo of the back of the house where the deck will go?